Before using any Manic Panic® Semi-Permanent Hair Color, pre-lighten your hair with Flash Lightning® Bleach to get the most intense color.
This kit comes complete with:
1 dust-free bleach powder
1 40-volume cream developer
1 mixing tub
1 tint brush
1 plastic cap
1 set of plastic gloves
and instructions for use.
1.3 oz of powder, 4 oz of developer
The MANIC PANIC®/FLASH LIGHTNING® bleach kit was designed for pre-lightening hair before using MANIC PANIC® vegan semi-permanent hair colors. Everything you need to lighten your hair is in this kit. Please follow the instructions carefully. We strongly recommend doing a strand test prior to application. (Take one strand of hair and follow instructions.)
1. Wearing the enclosed gloves, open the bleach plastic bag. Avoid inhaling powder.
2. Empty the full contents of the bleach powder into the plastic tub provided .
3. Add the full contents of the developer to the bleach powder in the plastic tub. Using the provided brush, blend until all the powder is completely dissolved with no lumps. Mix and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Let stand one minute. The mixture will thicken.
4. Apply the mixture to the hair avoiding direct contact with the scalp.
* It is important to use all the developer and mix using only the brush provided. Do not use any metal instruments.
Hair should be dry and unwashed. Using the provided brush, apply the bleach mixture evenly to hair you wish bleached. All strands should be saturated using the brush or gloved fingers to spread the mixture evenly. You may mask hair you don’t wish to bleach by using a highlight cap or foil.
Use of enclosed plastic cap is recommended through the developing process. The length of the timing depends on the color and condition of the hair. Check hair at regular intervals during the development process as timing varies according to the degree of desired lightening. Check strand every 10 minutes to evaluate lift. To do so, remove plastic cap and wipe away mixture with a damp tissue. If hair has not reached desired level, reapply mixture as before and continue processing. Do not over-bleach.
When desired shade is reached, take off the cap and throw away. Shampoo hair thoroughly several times. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry hair.
Highlighting and bleaching results depend on the color and condition of the hair. A strand test is recommended to give you a better idea about the end results and to avoid any complications with the actual process. Put on the plastic gloves and prepare the strand test mixture in the plastic bowl provided:
1. Open the Flash Lightning® bleach powder bag and mix one part powder to three parts developer. Mix well using the tint brush provided in the kit.
2. Your hair should be clean and dry. Comb to remove any tangles. Pull one strand of hair from behind your ear to perform the strand test.
3. Apply the mixture to the hair test strand avoiding direct contact with the scalp, making sure the test strand does not touch the rest of your hair.
4. Check hair at regular intervals during the development process as timing varies according to the degree of desired lightening.
5. Check strand every 10 minutes to evaluate lift. To do so, remove plastic cap and wipe away mixture with a damp tissue.
6. If hair has not reached desired level, reapply mixture as before and continue processing. Do not over-bleach.
7. When desired shade is reached, shampoo hair thoroughly several times. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry hair.
8. Discard any leftover mixture. Thoroughly rinse and dry the mixing bowl prior to actual application.
Bleach can only be shipped within the 48 States of the Continental USA and CANNOT be shipped to PO Boxes.. Ground shipping only.